Karim Benzema trains alone after being charged in connection with a sex tape extortion
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has trained
alone on Thursday, just hours after being charged
in connection with a sex tape extortion case.
The 27-year-old was released by French
prosecutors over an extortion case involving a
sex tape featuring fellow French international
Mathieu Valbuena.
"Benzema trained at Real Madrid City, where he
completed an evening session on his own," it
was said in a Real Madrid statement.
"The Whites' forward, who is still recovering from
injury, jogged around the training pitch and
carried out various exercises with and without
the ball."
A source in the investigation said Benzema had
admitted approaching Valbuena about the sex
tape "on behalf of a childhood friend" who
himself had been contacted by blackmailers in
possession of the tape, who were seeking to
extort money.
But Benzema's lawyer said the player was
innocent and "has admitted nothing at all".
Benzema was charged with complicity to
blackmail and conspiring to commit a criminal
act, the prosecutor's office in Versailles, outside
Paris, said.













0 Comments :
COMMENT