MOURINHO: COSTA CAN'T HURT ME WITH BIB-THROWING

MOURINHO: COSTA CAN'T HURT ME WITH BIB-THROWING

The Spain international was left on the bench
as Chelsea played out a goalless draw with
Tottenham on Sunday, but the Portuguese
insists the decision was purely tactical
Jose Mourinho insists he does not have an
issue with Diego Costa, despite leaving the
striker on the bench as Chelsea drew 0-0 with
Tottenham on Sunday.
The Spain international has struggled for form
thus far this season, scoring just four goals in
all competitions, and was omitted from the
starting XI to face Mauricio Pochettino’s side,
Eden Hazard instead picked to occupy the
striker role.
Costa was not seen warming up before kick-
off and also threw off a training bib during the
game as it became apparent that he would not
be introduced.
Mourinho, though, has downplayed any
apparent bad blood between himself and the
forward, insisting that the decision to leave
Costa out was purely tactical.
“Not an issue, not at all,” he told BT Sport
when asked about his relationship with the
forward. “It was just a decision, and I think we
played really well, the dynamic was really
good, and Hazard and Oscar appeared always
in dangerous positions.
“The game went in the direction we wanted to
take, we had a very good period in the first
half where we should score, and in the second
half we had a couple of chances and one of
them is a giant chance. So I’m really happy
with my decision.”
Costa did warm up briefly in the second half,
only to angrily return to his seat and appear to
throw his bib in the direction of his manager.
When pressed on if there was a problem with
his striker, Mourinho again made light of the
issue, suggesting Costa would have thrown
something other than a bib if he wanted to
hurt him.
“No I don’t like my subs to warm [up],” he
said.

“I just want them to be mentally ready to play
when I need them, and during the second half
when I felt like I could eventually use one of
them they went to warm up and he was ready
to play.
"A top player on the bench is not happy, so for
me his behaviour was normal.
"If he wants to hurt me, it's not with a bib. I
have a good relationship with him, no
problems.
"I think the message to all my players – not
just Diego – is that when we play as a team,
we are much better.
"It was just a decision, nothing else."

0 Comments :

COMMENT

 
Copyright © 2015. MosTech
Blogger Templates